Districts have Child Find responsibility for all children suspected of having disabilities, regardless of the severity of their disabilities. This includes:
- children, birth through 3, who may or may not be referred to and served by the state’s early intervention program, Babies Can’t Wait;
- preschool children, ages 3 through 5, who may not be enrolled in a Georgia-funded pre-kindergarten and kindergarten, including children who are parentally placed in private preschools or daycare centers outside the district;
- children who are enrolled in a public school within the district, including public charter schools;
- children who are parentally placed in private and home schools or who are attending charter schools within the district;
- highly mobile children, including migrant, homeless, and children who are wards of the state;
- children served in community programs such as rehabilitation centers, daycare centers, etc.;
- children, ages 18 through 21, who are incarcerated in facilities operated by the local sheriff’s office or other municipalities; and
- any other children suspected of having disabilities.
Please contact the Special Education Department for more information:
- If you are aware of a preschooler, age 3 to 5, who has or may have a developmental disability
- If you know of a child who is enrolled in Thomasville City Schools, and suspect he/she needs special education services; please contact your child’s school and express your concern to your child's teacher and/or to the school administrator as well.
- If the child resides within the Thomasville City School District and attends private school or home school.
Director of Special Education
Dr. Rhoda Gouin
Special Education Administrative Assistant
|Special Education Coordinator
|School Psychologist Caitlyn Munroe